Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sekaijin <je...@sap.aphp.fr> on 2016/05/01 16:37:38 UTC

Re: clustering architecture

Hi

There is a little thing I do not understand in the election of the master.

I have two geographic site (Paris, Versailles).
the quorum is (n / 2) +1
if I have two servers in each site
the quorum is (4/2) +1 = 3
so if I have a blackout on the site (eg fire) I do not have the quorum
because I have only two servers

if I have two server on a site and on the other
the quorum is (3/2) +1 = 2
so if I have a blackout on first site (eg fire) I do not have a quorum
because I have only one server

It is impossible to secure the cluster?

A+JYT

Re: clustering architecture

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Please start a new email thread, with a new subject, for any questions you
want answered.  Hijacking someone else's thread where they're trying to get
answers to their own questions is impolite.

Tim

Posted by Jstaceyss <Je...@gmail.com>.
Tim,

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.