Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by PacaMike <MR...@ballytech.com> on 2009/09/08 19:36:55 UTC

AMQP|QPid client API for WinCE

Hello All,

I would like to know if someone already use or did the source code port of
AMQP|QPid (C++ or C# [Compact Framework] ) client API to run on Windows CE
5.0 operating system ?

Thanks in advance.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: AMQP|QPid client API for WinCE

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
2009/9/9 PacaMike <MR...@ballytech.com>:

> do you think is better to do it in C++ ( based on the QPid C++ Windows API
> client) or in C# Dot Net Compact Framework[2.0 | 3.5] (based on the QPid C#
> Dot Net s API client ) ?

I think it's fair to say that the managed code .NET client is very
immature (to put it politely) and is really only for the brave.

I know that CE supports only a subset of WCF but I am not familiar
with all the details so I am not sure whether the new WCF client
(which is built on the C++ client) would work on that platform.

Perhaps someone from Microsoft, who developed the WCF client, could
comment on CE support?

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Mike,

> Thanks Steve for the answer and for your C++ port to windows

You're welcome.

> What do you think about the code port on WiinCE ?
> do you think is better to do it in C++ ( based on the QPid
> C++ Windows API client)

This is the client I'm most familiar with and I believe it would be
doable.

> or in C# Dot Net Compact Framework[2.0 | 3.5] (based
> on the QPid C# Dot Net s API client ) ?

I'm not familiar with the dot net client that's been around for a
while. I'm a bit more familiar with the WCF channel code that's just
been included in the Qpid trunk (so will be in 0.6). If WCF is an
option for you, you might consider this path as well. The WCF channel
code relies on the C++ client you'd need to get both going.

> What do you suggest or recommend to do ?

Give it a try - it won't take long to build it and test it out a bit.

-Steve

Posted by PacaMike <MR...@ballytech.com>.
Thanks Steve for the answer and for your C++ port to windows

What do you think about the code port on WiinCE ?
do you think is better to do it in C++ ( based on the QPid C++ Windows API
client) or in C# Dot Net Compact Framework[2.0 | 3.5] (based on the QPid C#
Dot Net s API client ) ?

What do you suggest or recommend to do ?

Thanks

Posted by rfinnesey <ry...@finnesey.com>.
I know this post is a bit dated but I wanted to see if Cliff or Mike moved
forward with the port to CE?  It would be very helpful to a project I am
working on.

Cheers
Ryan

Cliff Jansen (Interop Systems Inc) wrote

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Mike,