Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/30 22:07:39 UTC

[proposal] restructure projects a bit

Igor just committed a maven archetype to our svn and we still have a
quickstart and examples project that seem a bit out of place for our
main distribution.

trunk/
    archetypes/
    jdk-1.4/
        wicket-quickstart
    jdk-1.5/
        wicket-examples/
    testing/
    README
    NOTICE
    LICENSE
    release.sh
    eclipse.sh
    pom.xml

I'm proposing to move things a bit around.

trunk/
    applications/
        wicket-archetype/
        wicket-quickstart/
        wicket-examples/
    jdk-1.4/
    jdk-1.5/
    testing/
    README
    NOTICE
    LICENSE
    release.sh
    eclipse.sh
    pom.xml

Each application will then have a separate release distribution, so we
will release:

wicket-1.3.zip
wicket-quickstart-1.3.zip
wicket-examples-1.3.zip
(the archetype will only be released through the maven repo)

The wicket zip will contain all library projects, so no stand alone war apps.

The benefit is that we don't need to ship all those licenses in our
main distribution, but can limit that to the wicket-examples
distribution. I found it very hard to see and follow what we ship and
what we don't. The examples distribution is the biggest project with
all dependencies coming together.

WDYT?

Martijn

--
Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!

Re: [proposal] restructure projects a bit

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Juergen

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
fine by me +1

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/30/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Igor just committed a maven archetype to our svn and we still have a
> quickstart and examples project that seem a bit out of place for our
> main distribution.
>
> trunk/
>     archetypes/
>     jdk-1.4/
>         wicket-quickstart
>     jdk-1.5/
>         wicket-examples/
>     testing/
>     README
>     NOTICE
>     LICENSE
>     release.sh
>     eclipse.sh
>     pom.xml
>
> I'm proposing to move things a bit around.
>
> trunk/
>     applications/
>         wicket-archetype/
>         wicket-quickstart/
>         wicket-examples/
>     jdk-1.4/
>     jdk-1.5/
>     testing/
>     README
>     NOTICE
>     LICENSE
>     release.sh
>     eclipse.sh
>     pom.xml

+0

Each application will then have a separate release distribution, so we
> will release:
>
> wicket-1.3.zip
> wicket-quickstart-1.3.zip
> wicket-examples-1.3.zip
> (the archetype will only be released through the maven repo)

+1

Frank

Re: [proposal] restructure projects a bit

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
On 6/30/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> WDYT?

archetypes under applications sounds a bit weird, but i can live with it.

+1

-igor

Martijn

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> I'm proposing to move things a bit around.

Sounds good to me, +1

Eelco