Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Fabian Cretton <Fa...@hevs.ch> on 2014/10/15 14:25:31 UTC

Rép. : Re: SPARQL DISTINCT

Hi Sebastian,

No problem for me to wait for after your ISWC event.

Removing the BIND does work, as you suspected:
SELECT DISTINCT ?timeStamp WHERE {
  ?obs a qb:Observation;
  sdmx-dimension:timePeriod ?timeStamp.
}

About the logging, I currently have the problem reported here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA-549

Thanks
Fabian

>>> Sebastian Schaffert <se...@gmail.com> 15.10.2014 14:18 >>>
Hi Fabian,

DISTINCT is implemented. I need to have a look at the query to see why it is not working in this case. My guess it is because of the BIND (which is awkward to implement in SQL). I am in the middle of preparing for ISWC, so I am not sure I will manage this week if the problem is more complex. :-S

A good way to see WHY a SPARQL query is not working is to turn on debug logging for SPARQL, add the debug log appender to SPARQL and then run the query. The marmotta-debug.log file will then contain the SQL produced by the SPARQL query.

Greetings,

Sebastian

I thought DISTINCT was implemented, but it seems not ?
This query gives back all results with duplicates:
prefix qb: <http://purl.org/linked-data/cube#>
prefix sdmx-dimension: <http://purl.org/linked-data/sdmx/2009/dimension#>
SELECT DISTINCT ?year WHERE {
?obs a qb:Observation;
sdmx-dimension:timePeriod ?timeStamp.
BIND (SUBSTR(xsd:string(?timeStamp), 1, 4) AS ?year )
}
(On Sesame-OWLIM it works fine)
thanks for any advice

Fabian