Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/02 14:33:16 UTC

Re: Is there a way to implement a IntRangeField in Solr?

First, I really don't understand why you would have OOMs when
indexing even a humongous number of dates, that just seems weird.

But what happens if you think about it the other way? Instead of indexing
open dates, index booked dates. Then construct filter queries like
fq=-booked:[5 TO 23], where the range is the proposed reservation
date. You'll have to do something creative with the
numbers, possibly the number of days since the epoch so you can
cross years etc......

You can also prune the booked dates in the past to keep the docs
smaller...

Best
Erick