Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2018/10/30 07:59:08 UTC

POI 4.0.1 release

Is it time for us to look at doing a POI 4.0.1 release?

Are there any issues we would like to see completed before we proceed?

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: POI 4.0.1 release

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
HI *,

I thought #62872 would be a blocker, but I guess the problem is simply the file size and it's not working with 3.17 either (for me).
Therefore if nobody minds, I would prepare a release candidate next weekend.

Andi.

PS: I'm currently unable to fix an AffineTransformation problem with the HEMF branch,
so if you like geometry give me a ping.

Re: POI 4.0.1 release

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for next weekend/week as well.

Liking the current state of things after the initial 4.0.0 public feedback.

Re: POI 4.0.1 release

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
+1 for rolling it out soon

I think the grace period is over and we can go on rolling the fixes out.
Also my (H)EMF implementation is giving promising results and although EMF+
is not yet implemented, I think the slideshow users, would benefit from it
... but I don't want to spoil the bugfix release ...

Andi

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: POI 4.0.1 release

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
+1 "end of this week" that'll work well for my issues, too.  I want to
confirm I didn't break anything in my recent commits via large scale
regression testing.

Re: POI 4.0.1 release

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
+1