Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/16 05:52:30 UTC

[Shale] Updates

I've committed a plugin code-named "Clay", contributed by Gary
VanMatre, that takes a very interesting twist on reusing subtrees of
JSF components, complete with on-the-fly customization of each
individual use, plus the ability to recognize templates stored in a
manner very similar to what Tapestry does (HTML static templates, tied
to component definitions in a separate resource, tied together with an
id value).  Besides its support for resuing chunks of markup, this
will also make it easy to build a full fledged JSF ViewHandler
supporting this templating style, for those who don't like JSP.

In addition, I've reorganized the nightly build subdirectory
(http://cvs.apache.org/builds/struts/nightly/struts-shale) so that
each individual artifact is in its own subdirectory.  At the moment,
that includes:
* Core library
* "Clay" plugin (referenced above)
* Test framework (a full set of mock objects for building unit tests
of Shale-based application code)
* Use Cases (example app illustrating Shale functionality)

Craig

PS:  Interestingly, the Shale wiki page
(http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsShale) is already 10th on
Google's results for the "shale" search term :-).