Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 07:19:38 UTC

Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Hi bigtop ! Okay.

So we finally have the meetup schedules solidified:

 April 7th AND 8th

@ApacheCon, Denver, in the Westin - Teller Room,
Please RSVP if possible in this thread so we can try to estimate how to
handle food/beer etc.

------
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Jay! I'll be there on the 7th, but probably can't make it on the
8th.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
And now it is on the blog:

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
And now it is on the blog:

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Don Marti <dm...@cloudius-systems.com>.
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi roman!
> >
> > What is vOS?
>
> I've linked to their Linux Foundation preso of last week.
> Take a look. Like I said -- to me it is pretty impressive:
>     http://www.slideshare.net/dmarti1111/o-sv-linux-collaboration-summit

The demo in that presentation was just a simple libevent-driven web server
-- if you want to try it with an interesting Java application, we do have
Cassandra running.

https://github.com/cloudius-systems/osv/wiki/Cassandra-quickstart-on-OSv-with-KVM

(No Hadoop yet -- looking forward to talking about that with everyone at
the event.)

--
Don Marti                        Cloudius Systems
+1-510-332-1587

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi roman!
>
> What is vOS?

I've linked to their Linux Foundation preso of last week.
Take a look. Like I said -- to me it is pretty impressive:
    http://www.slideshare.net/dmarti1111/o-sv-linux-collaboration-summit

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
..(Bump).. Please RSVP on #asfbigtop for the meetups 7th 8th . Thanks!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi roman!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Giri!

Not sure what the wi-fi situation is going to be, but
I'll try to set up an impromptu hangout or at least
a con-call #. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Giri!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.
That sounds awesome!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi roman!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.
That sounds awesome!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
The page is here

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
The page is here

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@gopivotal.com>.
Count me in also.
Chandra

Chandrasekhar Gopal
Pivotal Software
Build,Release and Infrastructure Management.

Chandrasekhar Gopal
Pivotal Hadoop -- Build, Release and Deployments
cgopal@gopivotal.com

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@gopivotal.com>.
Count me in also.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I am in!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I think you have summed up pretty well! Thanks.

It was a great a couple of days - I wish we had more time together!

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop meetup ApacheCon

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.