Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Paatsch, Bernd" <BP...@activevoice.com> on 2006/04/05 02:34:14 UTC

Validating all php generated html code?

Hello,
I got a new interesting assignment, to validate all html code of all our
products. Doing this manual would take me a very long time. Thus I seek an
automated solution and wonder if anybody has done something similar? Here is
what I think needs to be done:
1. Generate each html page possible (the html code is created by MySQL and
php scripts). It would be great to have a web crawler clicking each link at
the web-site and saving the generated html-file.
2. Validating all the html files
Has anybody done something like this? Any ideas regarding what tools to use?
Any recommendations, ideas, etc?
Thanks for your help.
Bernd

Re: Validating all php generated html code?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
JMeter can certainly download all the HTML.

Validation is trickier - depends on what you mean by validation.

Have a look at the Assertions - maybe one or more of those will do
what you want.
For example HTML validation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTML_Assertion

If not, you can save the HTML to individual files using the
Post-Processor Save Responses to a File and process these externally.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

S.