Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Cribb <Ja...@zoom.com.au> on 2000/10/10 01:47:47 UTC

Does changing web.xml require restarting Tomcat?

If I define a new servlet-mapping in my context's web.xml, do I need to
shutdown and restart Tomcat 3.1 to have the mapping detected?  My testing
indicates I do, but I'd rather not have to so if there's another way...?

Re: Does changing web.xml require restarting Tomcat?

Posted by Arion Yu <ar...@stt.com.hk>.
Hi!

The answer is "yes". web.xml is read during tomcat initialization. Of course
you can change the behaviour to the way you want (like notify tomcat for the
change of the context) since it is open source.

Enjoy!

Arion

--
[This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may
contain information that is legally privileged. They are intended solely for