Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 03:49:15 UTC

specify Mapred tasks and slots

Hi Dears,

Can I specify how many slots to use for reduce?

I know we can specify reduces tasks, but is there one task occupy one slot?

it it possible that one tak occupy more than one slot in Hadoop-1.1.2.

Thanks.

Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh and all friends response. That's helpful.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: specify Mapred tasks and slots

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

RE: specify Mapred tasks and slots

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
use mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks in mapred-site.xml

the default value is 2...Which means that on this task tracker it will not
run more than 2 reducer tasks at any given point of time..

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.