Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@gmx.net> on 2011/01/09 16:10:16 UTC

Re: Test compile branch_2_0_X on Windows and Mac

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 at 19:20 +0100, florent andr� wrote:

 > Anyone can try to compile with test on Win and Mac and provide feedback ?

I tested 2.0.4-dev on Windows. I noticed the following problems:

1. Build fails if the pathname of the current directory contains whitespace,
e.g. "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\rainer". Easy to correct by enclosing the
relevant commandline arguments in double quotes (change to configure.bat
checked in).

2. Build fails because the "patch" program is not found. The INSTALL-SRC.txt
doesn't say that patch is needed.

3. After installing the patch program, applying the patch fails on Windows, but
the build succeeds.
Reason: the bug45488.patch has wrong (LF) line endings.

(I believe that both 2&3 are already present in the 2.0.3 release.)

 Rainer

Re: Test compile branch_2_0_X on Windows and Mac

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Ha ok, no, sorry, forget it and svn info show me that this code is
retrived from
http://codespeak.net/svn/kupu/branch/kupu-1.2/apache-lenya/kupu

So, the patch is the solution.
Sorry for noise.

Posted by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@gmx.net>.
Hi Florent,

 > Thanks for solve it Rainer, and during the look at this, a question come
 > to me :
 >
 > - Why we have this patches/bug45488.patch applying during the build ? We
 > can't apply it on the code and commit it as usual ?

Because the files to patch reside in the kupu repository. The patch tells kupu
to follow the html strict rules when editing. The "correct" way would have been
to contact the kupu developers and have them apply the patches.

 > - Files [1] where the patch apply seems to be "from Lenya"... but there
 > is not Apache licence on it... This is "normal" ?

No, they are from kupu:

$ svn propget svn:externals src/modules/kupu/resources
kupu http://codespeak.net/svn/kupu/branch/kupu-1.2

 > - There is kupumacros.html.rej & xmlconfig.kupu.rej in svn, and they are
 > files issued from patch problem. (suppress in svn in next commit).

These .rej files are not in the svn:

$ svn info src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/kupumacros.html.rej
src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/kupumacros.html.rej:  (Not a versioned resource)

When you run the build process more than once, patch detects that the patch has
already been applied and copies the failed lines into kupumacros.html.rej &
xmlconfig.kupu.rej. This is unfortunate, but harmless.

 > [1]
 > BRANCH_2_0_X/src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/kupumacros.html
 > BRANCH_2_0_X/src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/xmlconfig.kupu

2.0.4 will be the last release with kupu in it, so I wouldn't worry about this.

  Rainer

Re: Test compile branch_2_0_X on Windows and Mac

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.

Posted by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@gmx.net>.
Hi Florent,

 > > 3. After installing the patch program, applying the patch fails on
 > > Windows, but the build succeeds.
 > > Reason: the bug45488.patch has wrong (LF) line endings.
 >
 > I'm not windows compliant, I search a little and fond this :
 > "On MS-Windows, the patchfile must be a text file, i.e. CR-LF must be
 > used as line endings. A file with LF may give the error: "Assertion
 > failed, hunk, file patch.c, line 343," unless the option '--binary' is
 > given. "
 >
 > here : http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm
 >
 > Hope it's help...

Not really... patch is invoked via ant's patch task. I have no idea how to tell
ant to add "--binary" to the patch command line.

  Rainer

Re: Test compile branch_2_0_X on Windows and Mac

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Hi Rainer,

Thanks for this test and report.

On 01/09/2011 04:10 PM, Rainer Schöpf wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 at 19:20 +0100, florent andré wrote:
>
>> Anyone can try to compile with test on Win and Mac and provide feedback ?
>
> I tested 2.0.4-dev on Windows. I noticed the following problems:
>
> 1. Build fails if the pathname of the current directory contains
> whitespace, e.g. "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\rainer". Easy to
> correct by enclosing the relevant commandline arguments in double quotes
> (change to configure.bat checked in).

Nice !

> 2. Build fails because the "patch" program is not found. The
> INSTALL-SRC.txt doesn't say that patch is needed.

Yep, we have to add this requirement. The question about patches when
installing comes regularly on user list.