Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jmejiaa <jm...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/05 15:43:34 UTC

iterating through a Dynaactionform Arraylist bean

Hey folks, this is my  first post. I have a little problem with an arrayList.
I'm trying to populate a drop down box in my main JSP. This is what's
happening. I have a dynaactionform with a years property which is an
arraylist of reportYear objects. A reportYear object has a getYear and a
setYear. I know that the arraylist has 7 reportYear objects but I cannot get
the drop down to populate. Can someone provide an example of what I should
be doing? I want to use logic: to iterate through the list by giving it the
form name and property but I just can't make it get the years from within
the object.
For now this is what I'm trying to so

<logic:iterate id="reportYears" name="reportingForm">
Years <bean:write name="reportYears" property="year"/>
</logic:iterate>

reportingForm is the dynaactionform, reportYears holds an arraylist of
ReportYears objects whitch have a getYear method.

Thanks for any help