Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com> on 2015/04/06 20:09:14 UTC

Release blockers

Hi everyone,

There are still 8 issues that we are considering for inclusion in 1.6.0
that we need to get sorted by the end of today to get an RC out
tomorrow. 3 serious blockers, 3 minor reviews, and 2 that will probably
not make the release. Please take a look at the serious blockers and
weigh in, and I'd appreciate a quick review of the others.

Thanks!

rb

Serious blockers:
* PARQUET-235: parquet.metadata changed. Is this public API? [1]
* PARQUET-236: parquet-scrooge incompatibility (removed methods) [2]
* PARQUET-237: ParquetWriter constructors changed? [3]

PRs that need quick reviews today:
* PARQUET-239: https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/pull/158
* PARQUET-234: https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/pull/159
* PARQUET-242: https://github.com/apache/incubator-parquet-mr/pull/161

Issues that are (most likely) going to be pushed out of 1.6.0:
* PARQUET-220: Julien reviewed, could be fixed in time [4]
* PARQUET-201: INT_* logical types and filters [5]

Links:
[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-235
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-236
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-237