Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de> on 2007/03/12 10:34:01 UTC

basic dialog nullpointerexception

Hi.

I'm trying to get the basic dialog feature of shale 1.0.4 working. I've added the jars view, dialog, basic-dialog, core to my classpath and created a dialog xml file in WEB-INF. Now when I try in a h:commandLink an action like "dialog:myDialog" a NullPointerException occurs:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.BasicDialogManager.create(BasicDialogManager.java:97)
	at
org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.BasicDialogManager.create(BasicDialogManager.java:87)
	at
org.apache.shale.dialog.faces.DialogNavigationHandler.handleNavigation(DialogNavigationHandler.java:121)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:84)
	at
org.apache.shale.view.faces.ViewActionListener.processAction(ViewActionListener.java:74)
	at

I've taken a look at the BasicDialogManager. It tries to use an uninitialized Map. I guess it should be initialized by the BasicLifecycleListener but it isn't. Any hints, what I've forgotten?

Do I have to put the BasicLifecycleListener somewhere manually?

Regards,
Veit

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out

Re: Re: basic dialog nullpointerexception

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 3/12/07, Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> I upgraded my Tomcat 5.5.17 installation (it wasn't 5.5.16) to tomcat 5.5.23 and now the BasicLifecycleListener gets invoked.
>
> Seemed to be a problem with tomcat?!

It could well be.  I have vague recollections of problems with 5.5.15
reported on the MyFaces user list, which could be traced back to the
same problem of not loading listeners from TLDs ... glad to hear that
it works with a later version.

Craig

Re: SV: SV: Re: basic dialog nullpointerexception

Posted by Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de>.
My project needs Java5, so it wouldn't be a solution for me...

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:28:24 +0100
Von: Hermod Opstvedt <he...@opstvedt.com>
An: user@shale.apache.org
CC:
Betreff: SV: SV: Re: basic dialog nullpointerexception

Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out

SV: SV: Re: basic dialog nullpointerexception

Posted by Hermod Opstvedt <he...@opstvedt.com>.
Hi

Posted by Veit Guna <ve...@gmx.de>.
Hi.