Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2018/06/19 23:22:34 UTC

Apache Releases

Hi -

Here are some resources and notes about Apache Releases:

Special rules for incubating projects.
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html>

General policies.
http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases <http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases>

Construction of LICENSE and NOTICE are important. Your Mentors can help, but you have to ask on list.
Source release is critical. This is OSS. The only official releases from Apache are completely source code.
Download page will be required where the source release is available to users.
The Apache process is very much different from how Heron is distributed now.  https://apache.github.io/incubator-heron/docs/getting-started/ <https://apache.github.io/incubator-heron/docs/getting-started/>
I recommend learning how to do an Apache Release before understanding how to properly do several binary distributions.

No press releases, but you can announce. Sally and the Marketing team at press@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> can be used to get help with the rules about announcements.

About Governance: https://apache.github.io/incubator-heron/docs/contributors/governance/ <https://apache.github.io/incubator-heron/docs/contributors/governance/>
Please update this page on priority as this is NOT Apache governance. Twitter’s CLA does not matter. Apache’s ICLA does. An ICLA is not required for contribution, but is for Committers and PPMC members.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Apache Releases

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Here is a quick PR to clean up Twitter related content in the
governance/community pages. There are still a few things to be updated
later.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/pull/2926

Re: Apache Releases

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.