Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2001/03/07 06:04:50 UTC

committed code to support HTTP sessions!

I just committed a fix to the SOAPHTTPConnection class to support
maintaining HTTP sessions. There's also a new sample (addressbook2)
that uses the addressbook sample deployed with a scope of session
to illustrate how to use it.

Here's a clip from the README of addressbook2 showing how to use it:
       Call call = new Call ();
       SOAPHTTPConnection shc = new SOAPHTTPConnection ();
       shc.setMaintainSession (true);
       call.setSOAPTransport (shc);

       // now make multiple calls using the above call object (or
       // re-use the same transport object on other call objects)

I don't fully implement the rules of the Cookie and Cookie2 RFCs
(2109 and 2965, respectively). However, I believe what I did is
enough to make session support work across different servers. I only
tested it with Tomcat .. so if you folks can test on others and
report problems it'll be greatly appreciated.

Bye,

Sanjiva.