Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2016/07/30 20:02:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Configuration 2.1 based on RC2

Hi all,

after the failed vote for RC1 a new RC has been created. The only
difference is that the checkstyle plugin has been downgraded which
should allow building the project on Java 1.6.

Configuration 2.1 RC2 is available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/configuration
(revision 14582)

Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1194/

Details of changes since 2.0 are in the release notes:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/configuration/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

https://home.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-2.1-rc2/changes-report.html

Here is the tag:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/configuration/tags/CONFIGURATION_2_1_RC2
(revision 1754628)

Site:
   https://home.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-2.1-rc2/
(note some links in the menu are not yet working)

KEYS:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 2000
GMT 02-Aug-2016

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks!
Oliver

Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 2.1 based on RC2

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Oliver!
> so do we have a confirmation that the current state in trunk builds
> correctly on the problematic platforms? Then I could start preparing
> another RC in the next days.

As the checkstyle config is now adapted, please prepare another RC.

Cheers
Dennis

Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 2.1 based on RC2

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hi,

so do we have a confirmation that the current state in trunk builds
correctly on the problematic platforms? Then I could start preparing
another RC in the next days.

Thanks
Oliver

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary!

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another thing: The whole point of adding checkstyle check to the build is
> to have the build fail when there are violations. Otherwise, just look at
> the report on the generated site.
>
> It seems to me that the options are:
> - Remove the check from the build
> - Fix the code.
>
> My previous questions still stand but it's not critical WRT blocking a
> release.

Well, aside from the fact that I cannot build the thing... so something
needs to be done, the RM can pick IMO but that means another RC :-(

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

So far I've checked: signatures and digests, source releases file layouts,
matched svn commit id, NOTICE
and LICENSE files, license headers, build sources in a clean environment
(Maven 3.3.9, OpenJDK 1.8.0_91 64-Bit, Debian amd64).

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Benedikt!
>
> > The build log is here [1]. It looks like some generated classes are
> checked
> > by checkstyle which causes the build to fail. The build works with Java 7
> > and Java 8. So my vote again is -1 because I think mvn clean install
> should
> > work with the minimum required JDK out of the box. Sorry.
> >
> That's strange, I don't see why it should behave differently. Anyway
> I've added an exclude for it (this was already done for rat and clirr).
> This time I installed the same versions you used to build it, so next
> time it should be successful. Sorry for being lazy last time...
>
> Regards
> Dennis

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: sergio.fernandez@redlink.co
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 2.1 based on RC2

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Benedikt!

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Oliver,

mvn clean install still fails when building with:

Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
2014-12-14T18:29:23+01:00)
Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.2.5/libexec
Java version: 1.6.0_65, vendor: Apple Inc.
Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: MacRoman
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.11.6", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

The build log is here [1]. It looks like some generated classes are checked
by checkstyle which causes the build to fail. The build works with Java 7
and Java 8. So my vote again is -1 because I think mvn clean install should
work with the minimum required JDK out of the box. Sorry.

Benedikt

[1] https://paste.apache.org/AkwU

Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> schrieb am Sa., 30. Juli 2016
um 22:03 Uhr: