Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2013/03/21 19:52:17 UTC

Re: Completed Introduction to Documentation

leah_backus@us.ibm.com wrote:

Greetings Leah;

Welcome to Apache OpenOffice and to the documentation mailing list. Here
is where we discuss all areas of documentation for Apache OpenOffice
(AOO). You should subscribe to this list so that you do not miss any of
the discussions.

To subscribe send a blank email to
mailto:doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org. You will receive an e-mail
back with instructions on verifying your e-mail address. Follow those
and you will receive another e-mail confirming your subscription.

The draft for the 4.0 user guide is growing here:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide

At the bottom of the page there is a link to the "status page" that we
use to track what has been done.

An easy start would be to look at the status page and see what has not
been proofread or checked for accuracy and go ahead and do either or
both of those. Be sure to add yourself as a reviewer and what you
reviewed. The easy way to do that is for reviewer type ~~~(3 tilde's),
that will add your wiki user name and for the review you did type ~~~~
(4 tilde's) which will add your name plus the date and time.

If you have any questions just send them to the mailing list and we will
answer them. Please use the list as it lets all members see the discussion.

Again welcome to the AOO Documentation list and I look forward to seeing
your contributions.

Regards
Keith McKenna