Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Anson Abraham <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/25 15:49:15 UTC

Hive cdh4 and Lzo compression

With the release of cdh4, does is Lzo compression still supported, where if
I have my hive table point to path of files in lzo?

-anson

Re: Hive cdh4 and Lzo compression

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Anson

If you have your external table point to a directory that has files compressed using lzo, everything would work as desired if you have lzo codec listed in io.compression.codecs in core-site.xml .

Regards
Bejoy KS