Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tomasz Nowak <tn...@netventure.pl> on 2003/03/29 01:02:28 UTC

show-time = hide <-- strange behavior

Hello,
I have a *very strange* problem with such HTTP request way:

IE -> Apache -> mod_jk -> Coyote@8009 -> Tomcat  - Cocoon
6.0   1.3.26                AJP 1.3      4.1.24    2.0.4

What is most important and what de facto causes probems is
param show-time set to 'hide' in Cocoon web.xml.

When I request a page generated by Cocoon and serialized
as HTML with XMLSerializer for the first time - every
thing is ok. The page is rendered in IE browser correctly.
I see Cocoon show-time tag afet </body> element showing
let's say A miliseconds.

Then I press F5 to reload that page and I don't see this
page rendered corretly anymore. I see a text document with

1. In the first line: Cocoon show-time tag with A miliseconds
2. In second and some following lines all response HTTP headers
3. Empty line
4. Whole source of requested page
5. Another Cocoon show-time tag with B miliseconds.

Then I press F5 again, and I again see that page renered correctly,
but with another C miliseconds.

F5 again - text content again, with C miliseconds at the top
and D miliseconds at the bottom :)

And so on...

All that doesn't happen:
1. When I request a Cocoon page from Mozilla, not IE.
2. When I request a Cocoon page form IE, but directly from
   Coyote HTTP Connector @ 8080 (ommiting mod_jk).
3. When I set show-time to "no" (false).

I'm not sure if this is an only Cocoon issue. Perheps mod_jk
is badly implemented, but I didn't notice such behavior
in any other webapps served by Tomcat via mod_jk and Apache,
so everything points to Cocoon.

--
Tomek