Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gevorg Hari <ge...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/15 23:51:34 UTC

Verifying the distribution of data across region servers - hotspotting

Hello,

I'm afraid that my cluster is suffering of a bit of hotspotting, what's the
best way to verify that?

Is it enough to verify the data size handled by each regionserver with the
hdfs dfs -du command? Is there a way to easily count the number of records
handled by each regionserver? How about the number of read/writes handled
by each of them?

Thanks!
Gevorg

Re: Verifying the distribution of data across region servers - hotspotting

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please read http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_hotspotting , if you haven't.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.