Posted to user@curator.apache.org by "evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es" <ev...@yahoo.es> on 2020/07/23 16:53:50 UTC

REOPEN CURATOR-538?

Hi there,
I propose to re-open Curator - 538
[CURATOR-538] Background exception was not retry-able or retry gave up - ASF JIRA

|  |
[CURATOR-538] Background exception was not retry-able or retry gave up -...

I am experiencing the same issue (NPE) on a K8S deployment with Curator 4.3.0

Jordan, if I understand right your comment you are proposing to check if server.addr.getAddress() is null...

Currently with the NPE it is enough that a single server in the loop throws the NPE to prevent that the connectString is modified. I can provide a patch to avoid the NPE.

I see 2 options:

1.- Keep a compatible behavior, that with a single server.addr.getAddress() resolution to null the method return an empty string and therefore the connecstring will be unmodified (I can add a LOG warn statement).

2.- Another alternative is to continue the loop till the end ignoring servers that are resolved to null...

What do you think is best?

 Regards,

/Chevaris

Re: REOPEN CURATOR-538?

Posted by "evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es" <ev...@yahoo.es>.
 I was checking Release Notes for the last releases and there is no indication of any fix for 538

Maybe you are thinking in [CURATOR-568] New option allowing CuratorFramework skip ZK ensemble tracking - ASF JIRA

|  |
[CURATOR-568] New option allowing CuratorFramework skip ZK ensemble trac...

Using option added in 568 will avoid the problem.
/Chevaris

    En jueves, 23 de julio de 2020 19:38:24 CEST, Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> escribió:

 I could've sworn we addressed this as part of 5.0 - I'll do some research or maybe someone else can comment.
-JZ

Re: REOPEN CURATOR-538?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.