Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/20 00:11:04 UTC

Maven Enforcer plugin: can I make it be quiet?

The Maven Enforcer plugin version 1.1.1 outputs a ton of information at the
INFO level that seems to me to be repetitive and uninteresting.  Here is an
excerpt from a normal run:

[INFO] javax.annotation:jsr250-api 1.0 1.0
[INFO] javax.inject:javax.inject 1 1
[INFO] javax.inject:javax.inject 1 1
[INFO] javax.inject:javax.inject 1 1
[INFO] javax.validation:validation-api 1.0.0.GA 1.0.0.GA
[INFO] javax.ws.rs:jsr311-api 1.1.1 1.1.1
[INFO] junit:junit 4.10 4.10
[INFO] junit:junit 4.10 4.10
[INFO] junit:junit 4.10 4.10
[INFO] junit:junit 4.10 4.10
[INFO] junit:junit 4.10 4.10
[INFO] org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core 1.1 1.1

I could find no information in the documentation (
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/usage.html) to tell
me how to silence this output (other than, of course, the -q option to mvn
itself).

I of course want to see the output when it encounters an error.

Should I file an issue, or is this a known state of affairs that was
deliberately put in place?

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson

Re: Maven Enforcer plugin: can I make it be quiet?

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Laird, can you try the snapshot and see if that fixes the problem?

That does the trick; I'd be grateful if you would release it.

Best,
Laird

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.apache.maven.plugins~maven-enforcer-plugin~~~

it is RAO not OSO ;)

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu> wrote:
> Which rule spits that out? This seems unusual.

Its probably DependencyVersionMap.getVersion which was a bug since 1.0
See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MENFORCER-135

I've fixed it, but I haven't cut a new release.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.