Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bertrand Njipwo <be...@capcom.de> on 2002/08/16 19:46:16 UTC

Problem printing picture of a generated pdf-file

Hallo everyone,

after one week hard work a have just finish to publish my pdf file.It is ok.
But when i print  the document the background of the pictures in the document are black(printing on  a black-white printer).
To give you a better description of the problem.Hier a draw:

_________________
|                             |
|       ________        |
|      |              |        |
|      | _______ |<-----|--------   Assume hier ist the content of the image
|                             |
|_____________<--- |---------------- and hier the background of the image.

So wenn i print my document i have the content of the picture whithout problem and the background is black.(Not very beautifful).
Normaly the background have to be transparent on the paper after printing and the image should appeard like it's the case.

Please could some one help me to get the background of my image transparent on the paper??
I don't know if it's a probleme whith an atribute of the < fo:external-graphic>  element.

Thank's in advance

Bertrand Njipwo

Re: Problem printing picture of a generated pdf-file

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 19:46, Bertrand Njipwo wrote:
> So wenn i print my document i have the content of the picture whithout problem and the background is black.(Not very beautifful).
> Normaly the background have to be transparent on the paper after printing and the image should appeard like it's the case.

You could try using a gif image with the transparent colour set. If the
black area should be transparent then edit the gif file so that black is
the transparent colour.

Re: Problem printing picture of a generated pdf-file

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Bertrand Njipwo wrote:

> Please could some one help me to get the background of my image
> transparent on the paper??
> I don't know if it's a probleme whith an atribute of the /*<*
> //fo:external-graphic*>  */element.

There is no way to control transparency by attributes of the
fo:external-graphic element.
You could check the PDF spec whether the PDF 1.3 format even
supprots transparency (I vague remember it was introduced
with 1.4).

J.Pietschmann