Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Boyden, Timothy" <tb...@Electroswitch.com> on 2017/12/27 12:06:42 UTC

Data Load tips/tricks?

I started writing scripts this week to export data from our current ERP to the OFBiz XML data formats. I have loaded about 25,000 of our 150,000 products through the Web Tools Import XML utility. Are there any tips to improve load speed, such as temporarily disabling indexing or anything else anyone has experience with?

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Data Load tips/tricks?

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Disable eeca on your delegator like :

     <delegator name="default-no-eca" entity-model-reader="main"
entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
*entity-eca-enabled="false"* distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">

Nicolas

RE: Data Load tips/tricks?

Posted by "Boyden, Timothy" <tb...@Electroswitch.com>.
Thanks Taher and Nicolas. I'll check those out.

-Tim

My recommendation is to avoid using the web tools altogether, and instead using the CLI. The exact documentation for how to import from XML files is specified in the README.md. This has the benefit of not only reducing resource usage but also allows for automation instead of doing this stuff manually by hand

Re: Data Load tips/tricks?

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,