Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Hari Om <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/09 22:30:42 UTC

Used ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection, retrying...

hello I am using JDK1.4, OJB, and Oracle 9.2.0.2 on SuSE Linux 9.0
We ha dthis Web Application Running for few months... and there was NO
ACTIVITY on this web site in past 4-6 weeks... and now when I log on to that
I get following ERRORS...wonder why...

I am able to LOG in to SQLPLUS and query the database on Oracle Server but
when I log in to Web Application with Java front end... i get ERROR... I
checked my DB... it is UP RUNNING and the PORT 1521 is OPEN between App
Server and Oracle (as I said the web app was working great....)

I tried restarting my Web, App and DB Server... but still get this
error...wonder why:

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException: Used
ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getPreparedStatement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeSQL(Unknown Source)
        at
com.phx.db.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeSQL(JdbcAccessImpl.java:53)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsQueryObject.performQuery(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: Could not
borrow connection from pool -
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor:
  org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor@e7cb66[
  jcd-alias=p3-database
  default-connection=true
  dbms=Oracle9i
  jdbc-level=2.0
  driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
  protocol=jdbc
  sub-protocol=oracle
  db-alias=thin:@111.131.16.23:1521:test
  user=hariom
  password=*****
  eager-release=false
  ConnectionPoolDescriptor={whenExhaustedAction=0, validationQuery=select 1
from dual, maxIdle=-1, maxActive=50, maxWait=5000, removeAbandoned=true,
numTestsP
erEvictionRun=10, testWhileIdle=true, minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=3600000,
testOnReturn=true, logAbandoned=true, removeAbandonedTimeout=300,
timeBetweenEvictio
nRunsMillis=300000, testOnBorrow=true}
  batchMode=false
  useAutoCommit=AUTO_COMMIT_SET_TRUE_AND_TEMPORARY_FALSE
  ignoreAutoCommitExceptions=false

sequenceDescriptor=org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.SequenceDescriptor@1daa877[
     sequenceManagerClass=class
com.phx.db.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerImpl
     Properties={autoNaming=true}
]
]
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.getConnectionFromPool(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.phx.db.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnectionFromPool(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:31)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
        ... 61 more
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:744)
        ... 65 more
[ERROR] (QueryBySQL.java:191) -
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException: Used ConnectionManager
instance could not obtain a connection, retrying...

Re: Used ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection, retrying...

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Hari Om wrote:
> hello I am using JDK1.4, OJB, and Oracle 9.2.0.2 on SuSE Linux 9.0
> We ha dthis Web Application Running for few months... and there was NO
> ACTIVITY on this web site in past 4-6 weeks... and now when I log on to
> that I get following ERRORS...wonder why...

Oracle RDBMS will disconnect any inactive clients after a certain
(server-side configurable) amount of time.

See
http://www.mail-archive.com/ojb-user@db.apache.org/msg13299.html

Regards,
  Martin

Re: Used ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection, retrying...

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Hari Om wrote:
> Thanks Martin...any other input on this?

You're most welcome. Not sure what you mean with other input... Just click
the link below and read my previous reply in the mail archive, for more
detailed info on how to enable a validation query for OJB pooled connections:

Posted by Hari Om <ha...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Martin...any other input on this?

THANKs!

Martin Kalén Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:27:25 -0700