Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2020/03/23 13:48:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] Switch to Azure Pipelines as the primary CI tool / switch off Travis

Hey devs,

I would like to discuss whether it makes sense to fully switch to Azure
Pipelines and phase out our Travis integration.
More information on our Azure integration can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/2020/03/22/Migrating+Flink%27s+CI+Infrastructure+from+Travis+CI+to+Azure+Pipelines

Travis will stay for the release-1.10 and older branches, as I have set up
Azure only for the master branch.

Proposal:
- We keep the flinkbot infrastructure supporting both Travis and Azure
around, while we are still receive pull requests and pushes for the
"master" and "release-1.10" branches.
- We remove the travis-specific files from "master", so that builds are not
triggered anymore
- once we receive no more builds at Travis (because 1.11 has been
released), we remove the remaining travis-related infrastructure

What do you think?

Best,
Robert

Re: [DISCUSS] Switch to Azure Pipelines as the primary CI tool / switch off Travis

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the efforts Robert!

Checking the pipeline failure report [1] the pass rate is relatively low,
and I'm wondering whether we need more efforts to stabilize it before
replacing travis PR runs.

From the report, uploading log fails 1/5 of the tests, which indicates the
access from azure to s3 is not stable enough. Let me spend more time
checking the most unstable test failures (need to further prioritize the
recorded issues [2]), will report back later.

Best Regards,
Yu

[1]
https://dev.azure.com/rmetzger/Flink/_pipeline/analytics/stageawareoutcome?definitionId=4
[2] https://s.apache.org/390qo

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Thanks for driving this effort Robert. I'd be in favour of disabling Travis
for PRs once AZP is decently stable.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
If we still need to accept PRs for Flink-1.9/1.10, that could explain why we still need that command hint.
Chesnay, thanks for your explanation.
________________________________
Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.

[...]