Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by David Buddrige <db...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/22 10:25:31 UTC

where do you put the properties files when using log4j in an EJB, with JBoss

Hi all,

I am currently working on an Enterprise Java Bean,
that is being made available with JBoss as the
application server.

It is clear from the documentation that you can
specify your logging options in a config file by using
the PropertyConfigurator like thus:

PropertyConfigurator.configure("myPropertiesFile.conf");

Where myPropertiesFile.conf resides in the same
directory  as the classes being executed.  However, it
is less clear where it should be placed, and how you
should refer to it, when the object you are creating
is a J2EE bean, rather than an ordinary java
application.

Can anyone enlighten me as to where I should put the
config file and/or how to refer to it from within the
code?

thanks heaps

David Buddrige.