Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Rob Jellinghaus <ro...@unrealities.com> on 2001/10/31 01:41:55 UTC

Cleaning up org.apache.axis?

Right now the following files are in org.apache.axis:

src/org/apache/axis/AxisEngine.java
src/org/apache/axis/AxisFault.java
src/org/apache/axis/AxisServiceConfig.java
src/org/apache/axis/Chain.java
src/org/apache/axis/ConfigurationProvider.java
src/org/apache/axis/Constants.java
src/org/apache/axis/FaultableHandler.java
src/org/apache/axis/Handler.java
src/org/apache/axis/HandlerIterationStrategy.java
src/org/apache/axis/Message.java
src/org/apache/axis/MessageContext.java
src/org/apache/axis/NoEndPointException.java
src/org/apache/axis/SerializationException.java
src/org/apache/axis/SimpleChain.java
src/org/apache/axis/SimpleTargetedChain.java
src/org/apache/axis/Supplier.java
src/org/apache/axis/TargetedChain.java

Does anyone else think that we have too much cruft up there?

I am worried that I am about to make it worse by defining
	org.apache.axis.Part
	org.apache.axis.SOAPPart
	org.apache.axis.AttachmentPart

I would really like to move Message and MessageContext down to org.apache.axis.message, and then put Part, SOAPPart, and AttachmentPart into org.apache.axis.message as well.

Likewise, I'd like to move Chain, Handler, FaultableHandler, SimpleChain, SimpleTargetedChain, and TargetedChain down to org.apache.axis.handlers, and so forth with all these other base classes.

Basically, I think the only files that should be in org.apache.axis are AxisEngine, Constants, and (possibly) AxisFault.

+1?  -1?  I will not bother with this unless / until I get some +1's and no sufficiently compelling -1's :-)

Cheers,
Rob

Re: Cleaning up org.apache.axis?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1. Helps people understand the code better.

Thanks,
dims

=====

http://personals.yahoo.com