Posted to users@camel.apache.org by herder <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/11 18:17:20 UTC

Basic auth with Atom component not working?

Hi,

I'm trying to consume an Atom feed from a URL which is protected by Basic
authorization.
When I use the http component on the URL, everything works fine, but when I
add the atom:// before it, as per the documentation, it doesn't authenticate
at all.

I tried both with URL params and by configuring the HttpClientConfigurer,
like this:

		HttpComponent httpComponent = (HttpComponent)
getContext().getComponent("http");
		httpComponent.setHttpClientConfigurer(new
BasicAuthenticationHttpClientConfigurer(false, "myuser", "mypassw"));

Am I missing something here? Isn't the Atom component able to consume
protected feeds?

Re: Basic auth with Atom component not working?

Posted by herder <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I might do that. As always, it's time that's needed... :)

Re: Basic auth with Atom component not working?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM, herder <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah... too bad.
>
> Thanks anyway!

Well we love contributions. So feel free to work on such a new feature.

> /N
>

> 2013/2/12 Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel] <
> ml-node+s465427n5727384h99@n5.nabble.com>
>
>> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM, herder <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5727384&i=0>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to consume an Atom feed from a URL which is protected by
>> Basic
>> > authorization.
>> > When I use the http component on the URL, everything works fine, but
>> when I
>> > add the atom:// before it, as per the documentation, it doesn't
>> authenticate
>> > at all.
>> >
>> > I tried both with URL params and by configuring the
>> HttpClientConfigurer,
>> > like this:
>> >
>> >                 HttpComponent httpComponent = (HttpComponent)
>> > getContext().getComponent("http");
>> >                 httpComponent.setHttpClientConfigurer(new
>> > BasicAuthenticationHttpClientConfigurer(false, "myuser", "mypassw"));
>> >
>> > Am I missing something here? Isn't the Atom component able to consume
>> > protected feeds?
>> >

>> I don't think so. I think its only plain http supported.
>>

>> > --
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: [hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5727384&i=1>
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

>> .
>> NAML<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Basic auth with Atom component not working?

Posted by herder <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ah... too bad.

Thanks anyway!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.