Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 14:47:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.5.0 (RC2)

Hello
I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache NiFi
nifi-0.5.0.

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1072

The Git tag is nifi-0.5.0-RC2
The Git commit ID is 9f0433888b9b87ab6c0e031a544cfc56e036083d
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi.git;a=commit;h=9f0433888b9b87ab6c0e031a544cfc56e036083d

Checksums of nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip:
MD5: 4546a6af95211d66696c29724a14b1fd
SHA1: 711559b772885d65f0f1e00107ab913ab071f530

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tkurc.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/KEYS

112 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12334158

Release note highlights can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version0.5.0

Migration guidance can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Migration+Guidance

The vote will be open for 72 hours.
Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, and test.  The
please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as nifi-0.5.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.5.0 (RC2)

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
Make that cae5b109c09be80df77f2d767220b82850178ed5. I resolved NIFI-1507

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
-1, binding

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Andre <an...@fucs.org>.
+1

Posted by Joshua Davis <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
I have been testing all of the Hadoop functionality, it looks correct.

Posted by Matthew Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ran through the helper (which I have a shell script for :) but still manually verified the artifacts)
Verified the checksums, keys, git tag, removed the m2 repo and did a contrib check mvn build, and then ran the resulting build with some scripting processor templates.

+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding) release nifi-0.5.0-RC2 as nifi-0.5.0

Great catch mike on the licensing change

Thanks Tony for jumping into the RM ring!

Posted by Michael Moser <mo...@gmail.com>.