Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Xerex Bueno <xb...@LPSIntegration.COM> on 2014/03/27 03:54:58 UTC

Limiting Bandwidth

I am running ACS 4.3 with Xenserver 6.2 fully patched.  When I create a network offering and specify the bandwidth to be 1Mbps, then create a new network and VM it doesn’t apply the bandwidth limit.  Why is this happening?

________________________________

This document is PROPRIETARY and CONFIDENTIAL and may not be duplicated, redistributed, or displayed to any other party without the expressed written permission of LPS Integration, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please destroy the email and contact the LPS Integration Security Officer at 866-577-2902 (Phone), 615-349-9009 (Fax) or 230 Great Circle Rd. Suite 218 Nashville, TN 37228 (US Mail)

Re: Limiting Bandwidth

Posted by Xerex Bueno <xb...@LPSIntegration.COM>.
So this is not a bug.  I was able to create a new system offering which is
where I specified the bandwidth limit, and it applies at the vRouter.  It
works as advertised.

Re: Limiting Bandwidth

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

RE: Limiting Bandwidth

Posted by Anshul Gangwar <an...@citrix.com>.
The network rate which you have defined in network offering takes effect only when you add additional network to VM. Not on the default network. To see how network rates are applied see https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Admin_Guide/network-rate.html .

RE: Limiting Bandwidth

Posted by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com>.

Re: Limiting Bandwidth

Posted by Xerex Bueno <xb...@LPSIntegration.COM>.