Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Amn Ojee Uw <am...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/21 06:55:58 UTC

Debian NB - setting up tomcat

Tomcat is installed in '/opt/tomcat' and when trying to add tomcat as a
server, well, NB has not permission to access that directory.
Can anyone help?
I am using NB-latest in my Debian box.

Re: Debian NB - setting up tomcat

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On 2/20/2022 10:55 PM, Amn Ojee Uw wrote:
> Tomcat is installed in '/opt/tomcat' and when trying to add tomcat as a
> server, well, NB has not permission to access that directory.
> Can anyone help?
> I am using NB-latest in my Debian box.

I recommend downloading Tomcat from tomcat.apache.org, unpack it in a
directory, and then point your NetBeans installation to that. That way
you have complete control, and the Tomcat mailing list can easily help
you out with any issues.

I typically create a ~Apache/ directory and unpack Tomcat servers in
that. You'll have to configure tomcat-users.xml so that NetBeans can
actually control Tomcat as well.

There are a lot of creative things you can do once you do that, but that
should get you going.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/