Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Pi...@fr.thalesgroup.com on 2006/07/06 14:01:10 UTC

[XML Schema Project] retrieve extension attribute value

Hi List,

I've not been able to find a specific mailing list for the XML Schema Project under ws-commons. So, sorry if it's not the right place to post this email.

My question is: how to retrieve the value of an element extension attribute (not in the xsd namespace)?

I need to retrieve the value of some extension attribute defined in an xsd:element from the XML Schema section of a WSDL 2.0 file.

I used the Woden apache project to parse the WSDL 2.0 file and was able to retrieve a XmlSchemaElement instance that I don't know how to use. I've read the API for XmlSchemaElement but that didn't give me any usefull information.

So my question is: How to obtain the value of a named extension attribute (with its QName for example) from a XmlSchemaElement instance ?

For example, in the following schema I would like to obtain the value of the "sawsdl:modelReference" attribute from the "OrderRequest" XmlSchemaElement instance.

<wsdl:types>
    <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://example.org/order#" elementFormDefault="qualified">
      <xs:element name="OrderRequest"
        sawsdl:modelReference="http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/spec/ontology/purchaseorder#OrderRequest"