Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/02 14:26:09 UTC

Re: [GSOC] Call for Mentors

Thanks Benjamin and Joey for signing up these project ideas!

We're approaching the next period of the GSoC timeline from March 7 to
April 3, when mentoring organizations are announced and prospective GSoC
contributors reach out to communities to discuss and refine project ideas
before the GSoC application period starts on April 4.

Myself and Stefan used #cassandra-gsoc last year to discuss the project
with the GSoC contributor and we found it to be a great means to interact
and help with questions/mentoring during the project. I would like to
invite prospective mentors and anyone interested in helping out to join the
#cassandra-gsoc room on ASF Slack.

I'm working with Chris Thornett on a blog post to announce the Cassandra
Project Ideas on March 7 and will ask prospective GSoC contributors to join
#casandra-gsoc to discuss and refine project ideas.

If anyone else is interested in mentoring a GSoC project this year, it's
still possible to sign up a project idea by March 6 by tagging any Casandra
JIRA with the "gsoc2022" label.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments.

Cheers,

Paulo