Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu> on 2004/09/27 15:09:46 UTC

Re: svn commit: r11145 - branches/1.0.x/packages/rpm/redhat-7.x

david@tigris.org wrote:

>Author: david
>Date: Mon Sep 27 08:50:42 2004
>New Revision: 11145
>
>Modified:
>   branches/1.0.x/packages/rpm/redhat-7.x/doc.patch
>   branches/1.0.x/packages/rpm/redhat-7.x/subversion.spec

David, I guess you didn't see my email from this morning. Why are you
first commiting to the 1.0.x branch and then voting for the change in
STATUS? The normal procedure is to first vote and then commit. If you
cannot merge the change from trunk, the recommended way is to put the
patch in an issue while it's being voted for.

/Tobias

Re: svn commit: r11145 - branches/1.0.x/packages/rpm/redhat-7.x

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
OK, I can do that, I didn't realize that was what people normally do in
such a situation....that is better than committing it to the branch.

I will revert my patches and create an issue in the tracker to hold it.

However, I may not be able to do this until tomorrow night (Tuesday)
becuase I'm working 12-14 hour days, so if
it is causing any problems, please some one else revert the changes.

   Thanks,
    - David Summers

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, [UTF-8] Tobias Ringström wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:09:46 +0200
> From: "[UTF-8] Tobias Ringström" <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>
> To: dev@subversion.tigris.org
> Cc: svn@subversion.tigris.org, david@tigris.org
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r11145 - branches/1.0.x/packages/rpm/redhat-7.x
>
> david@tigris.org wrote:
>
> >Author: david
> >Date: Mon Sep 27 08:50:42 2004
> >New Revision: 11145
> >
> >Modified:
> >   branches/1.0.x/packages/rpm/redhat-7.x/doc.patch
> >   branches/1.0.x/packages/rpm/redhat-7.x/subversion.spec
> >

> David, I guess you didn't see my email from this morning. Why are you
> first commiting to the 1.0.x branch and then voting for the change in
> STATUS? The normal procedure is to first vote and then commit. If you
> cannot merge the change from trunk, the recommended way is to put the
> patch in an issue while it's being voted for.
>
> /Tobias

David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt
PGP Key fingerprint =  C0 E0 4F 50 DD A9 B6 2B  60 A1 31 7E D2 28 6D A8