Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by James Barrow <ja...@dariel.co.za> on 2009/05/25 15:49:27 UTC

HTTP ERROR 500 - Unable ot fetch artifact resource

Hi all,

I'm using Archiva 1.2 and cannot retrieve resources. I've done the following

1. Installed Archiva standalone as a service
2. Started the service
3. Setup the admin account, and removed the existing managed repositories
4. Created a managed repository to point to an existing Maven 2
repository (~/.m2/repository)
5. Scanned the repository via the web frontend
6. Given the Guest account the Repository Obvserver user role

I tried adding the repository as a mirror for my local Maven
installation (Maven 2.1.0) and got an error.

Now when I try to browse the above repository using a web browser, I
can browse to the artifacts, but when attempting to download a JAR,
for example, I get a HTTP 500 ERROR with the message 'Unable to fetch
artifact resource'.

Is there anything I've done wrong? I assume step 4 is fine, that I can
create an Archiva repository over an existing Maven local repository.
If anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Cheers,

James