Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Heiko Braun <ik...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/06 09:41:54 UTC

SPARK-964 & related issues

Hi everybody,
two questions, somehow related to the discussion about JDK 8 support [1].

- Has support for Spores [2] been considered/discussed already?
- Scala 2.11 is due in the next few month [3]. Would this be a reasonable target version for spark 1.0?

As far as I know, both JDK 8 support and Spores should become part of scala 2.11.

Regards, Heiko

[1] https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-964
[2] http://docs.scala-lang.org/sips/pending/spores.html
[3] https://issues.scala-lang.org/browse/SI/component/10600?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Acomponent-roadmap-panel

Re: SPARK-964 & related issues

Posted by Prashant Sharma <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Well in the context of only JDK8 support, there is actually no need to
migrate to Scala 2.11 or JDK 8 itself. The trick is to use Interfaces
instead of AbstractClasses for accepting functions.

--
Prashant