Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ronald heller <ro...@salience.nl> on 2002/05/28 17:13:42 UTC

0.20.3 gives odd results with some fonts

Hi there,

Today I update my FOp version from 0.20.3RC to 0.20.3 and I discovered that
my document containing characters in fonts like symbol and ZapfDingbats,
suddenly had lost almost every character.

Consider the following:

     <fo:block space-after="0pt">
             <fo:inline text-decoration="none" font-family="Times
Roman">M</fo:inline>
             <fo:inline text-decoration="none"
font-family="Symbol">M</fo:inline>
             <fo:inline text-decoration="none"
font-family="ZapfDingbats">M</fo:inline>
      </fo:block>

With fop 0.20.3RC all characters were poperly shown. With this new version
I get the unknown character symbol.
What's going on here?

Cheers

Ronald

Re: 0.20.3 gives odd results with some fonts

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
ronald heller wrote:
><fo:block space-after="0pt">
>    <fo:inline text-decoration="none" font-family="Times
> Roman">M</fo:inline>
>     <fo:inline text-decoration="none"
> font-family="Symbol">M</fo:inline>
>       <fo:inline text-decoration="none"
> font-family="ZapfDingbats">M</fo:inline>
>   </fo:block>
>
> With fop 0.20.3RC all characters were poperly shown. With this new
> version I get the unknown character symbol.
> What's going on here?

You try to display the character "M" in the fonts "Symbol"
and "ZapfDingbats". Chances are that there is no glyph for
the character in the font, or that the character code is
misinterpreted for another code in a non-unicode font.
As already mentioned. 0.20.3rc had some bugs, which have been
fixed. Select a proper font for the characters you want to
display.

J.Pietschmann

Re: 0.20.3 gives odd results with some fonts

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Cyril Rognon schrieb:
> Hi Ronald,
>
> I think this was an error in the former FOP version. If you use unicode
> values of the needed character everything works perfectly with 0.20.3RC
> or 0.20.3...

Yes, just have a look at docs/examples/fo/fonts.fo

Christian

Re: 0.20.3 gives odd results with some fonts

Posted by Cyril Rognon <cr...@objectiva.fr>.
Hi Ronald,

I think this was an error in the former FOP version. If you use unicode
values of the needed character everything works perfectly with 0.20.3RC or
0.20.3...

Cyril