Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stormy <st...@stormy.ca> on 2015/04/06 01:39:06 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.4 SSI

Looking for help with SSI. We have a production boxes using Apache/2.2.22
on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS that renders (thousands of) pages like:

<?php include '/inc/header.inc';?>

which I'm trying to migrate to Apache/2.4.7 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

After several hours of googling/reading/trying, these pages only render
(perfectly) by using:

<!--#include virtual="/inc/header.inc" -->

yet other <?php expressions such as <?php phpinfo(); ?> work flawlessly.

There's got to be something simple that I haven't cottoned onto... (logs
show no errors)

Using (per virtual host) a directory:
<Directory /var/www/andequip>
         XBitHack on
         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
         AllowOverride None
         Require all granted
         AddType text/html .inc .html
         AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .inc .html
</Directory>

Relevant(?) mods include cgid, fcgid, include, mpm-prefork and php5

Thanks for any thoughts, pointers, etc

Best - Paul

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 SSI

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.

> Looking for help with SSI. We have a production boxes using
> Apache/2.2.22 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS that renders (thousands of)
> pages like:

> <?php include '/inc/header.inc';?>
>
> which I'm trying to migrate to Apache/2.4.7 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
>
> After several hours of googling/reading/trying, these pages only
> render (perfectly) by using:
>
> <!--#include virtual="/inc/header.inc" -->
>
> yet other <?php expressions such as <?php phpinfo(); ?> work
> flawlessly.
>
> There's got to be something simple that I haven't cottoned onto...
> (logs show no errors)
>
> Using (per virtual host) a directory:
> <Directory /var/www/andequip>
>          XBitHack on
>          Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
>          AllowOverride None
>          Require all granted
>          AddType text/html .inc .html
>          AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .inc .html
> </Directory>
>
> Relevant(?) mods include cgid, fcgid, include, mpm-prefork and php5
>
> Thanks for any thoughts, pointers, etc
>
> Best - Paul

This looks much more like a php, than apache, configuration issue.
I'm going to guess that your php was updated when you did the OS and
apache update. If so, compare the old production php.ini with the
new one, including for things like the "include_path".