Posted to users@flex.apache.org by CodeGirl <Mi...@yahoo.com> on 2014/12/15 18:42:18 UTC

reports

Does Flex or FlashBuilder provide some kind of reports features?   I have
been researching report software such as Report Builder for ColdFusion,
Oracle Forms and Reports, and Oracle BI, But is there something which I can
use what I already have in flex?   Like I am looking at a screen I designed
and it convert it to a report to print.

Re: reports

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Not really. Flex has a very limited print capability. I have been using a
real report engine - SSRS.

Re: reports

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/15/14, 9:42 AM, "CodeGirl" <Mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Does Flex or FlashBuilder provide some kind of reports features?   I have
>been researching report software such as Report Builder for ColdFusion,
>Oracle Forms and Reports, and Oracle BI, But is there something which I
>can
>use what I already have in flex?   Like I am looking at a screen I
>designed
>and it convert it to a report to print.

One option is to make a “copy" of the screen that is the print version.
ComboBoxes, TextInput and lots of other things get replaced by Labels.  If
you have used Model/View or MVC, it should be easy to bind the data model
to these labels.

-Alex

Re: reports

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
I use alivePDF to generate reports.

Re: reports

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
If you are wanting to print what is on the screen you can use the
FlexPrintJob class [1]. You can also recreate it with AlivePDF [2].

We have printed datagrid data and there are multiple tutorials out there
[3]. There are some limitations to printing in Flex / Flash. I've used
Crystal Reports in the past with great success but the does not require
Flex as it's server side and this was about 10 years ago.

[1] -
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/printing/FlexPrintJob.html
[2] - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=alivePDF
[3] - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=print+datagrid+in+flex+4