Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mohan devanoor <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/03 06:49:13 UTC

[users@httpd] how to get asp on apache ?(asap)

hello all,
  i have apache 2.0.55 and perl. and i installed mod_perl in order to get asp run on my apache.
  i copied eg/ folder to htdocs but couldnt get the asp page in IE.
  iam a newbie for apache::asp . can any one tell me the procedure to get asp page on my server.
  Your help would be appreciated...
  Thanks

---------------------------------

[users@httpd] how to get asp on apache ?(asap)

Posted by mohan devanoor <mo...@yahoo.com>.

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:    mohan devanoor wrote:

> Thanks William,
> problem is solved with mod_perl but how to create any asp program to run
> on apache??????
- i meant to say the samples which r given in asp/eg/ are working. Apache uses perl script embeded asp page. is it so?
  htttp://localhost/asp/form.asp
  outout : a form
You missed the point; surrender. Either you want to run perl 'asp' scripts,
or it's time for you to learn, and port your applications, to aspx.
  but u said
- mod_aspdotnet and mod_mono only support aspx - not asp.  modperl also
doesn't
support 'vb' or other non-perl .asp pages, only asp pages in perl.
  ???????

Trust me, I researched how to deploy the microsoft scripting framework for
asp script into httpd, and it was a totally worthless exercise in futility.
Nobody's done it yet, and now nobody is about to. There were some various
apps to convert .asp script within apache, but I believe most of those
efforts are dead.

If you are looking for something less complex than aspx, you might learn php.

Yours,

Bill

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] how to get asp on apache ?(asap)

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Mark McCulligh <mm...@visualtech.ca>.
Have a look at "Sun Java System Active Server Pages" (formly Chilisoft)
http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.xml

It will let you run ASP (NOT ASP.NET) on Linux.  I used it about 3-4
years ago when I made the switch from Windows(IIS) to Linux(Apache).
Used it for a couple years until I got all my old ASP code converted to PHP.

PS It is not free enough, you have to purchase this software. But it
works great.

Mark.

mohan devanoor wrote:

> Thanks William,
> problem is solved with mod_perl but how to create any asp program to
> run on apache??????
>
> Your help would be appreciated...
>

> */"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>/* wrote:
>
>     mod_aspdotnet and mod_mono only support aspx - not asp. modperl
>     also doesn't
>     support 'vb' or other non-perl .asp pages, only asp pages in perl.
>

>     Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
>     > Hi Mohan,
>     >
>     > I have no experience with Apache::ASP but It's worth looking at
>     mod_mono
>     > that supports ASP .NET on Apache.
>     >
>     > Devraj
>     >
>     > mohan devanoor wrote:
>     >
>     >> hello all,
>     >> i have apache 2.0.55 and perl. and i installed mod_perl in
>     order to
>     >> get asp run on my apache.
>     &g t;> i copied eg/ folder to htdocs but couldnt get the asp page
>     in IE.
>     >> iam a newbie for apache::asp . can any one tell me the
>     procedure to
>     >> get asp page on my server.
>     >> Your help would be appreciated...
>     >> Thanks
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> Brings words and photos together (easily) with
>     >> PhotoMail
>     >>
>     >> - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >