Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com> on 2010/03/29 05:10:56 UTC

Re: [Lucy] Portability of KS 0.30_09 to various Unixen

Marvin Humphrey wrote on 3/28/10 10:31 AM:
> However, I'm trying to keep a lid on the amount of time I
> spend chasing portability issues.  The actual work on KS isn't hard or
> time-consuming, but setting up all those environments is a PITA.

sounds right to me that you would limit your time this way. Sysadmin-y stuff is
a PITA.

I can help in that way though. I'll try and set up some VMs for FreeBSD 8.0 and
OpenSolaris to make it easier to test things.

Re: [Lucy] Portability of KS 0.30_09 to various Unixen

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:10:56PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> I can help in that way though. I'll try and set up some VMs for FreeBSD 8.0 and
> OpenSolaris to make it easier to test things.

That would be great.  :)

The non-forwards-compatible file format changes are going smoothly... I've got
three out of four done.

There were originally some API changes I was thinking would go into 0.30_10,
but since people won't be able to downgrade without reindexing, I think it
might make sense to do a minimal release.

Marvin Humphrey