Posted to issues@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com> on 2010/01/04 08:30:57 UTC

Re: Shindig as non root app with tomcat

That file is contained inside the shindig-common jar file.

You can override the default shindig.properties file by putting an edited
version of the shindig.properties file in Tomcat's classpath.  An easy way
to do this is to put the shindig.properties file in
$CATALINA_HOME/lib/shindig.properties

Given time I'd expect shindig to properly use getContextPath() to determine
the directory of the deployed war file.   That's a servlet 2.5 feature
though and we're stuck on 2.4 so far.  If anyone has suggestions on how this
might work better I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
Paul

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
You might need to tweak the container configuration file as well. This
mostly provides configuration for javascript libraries and things that you
might want configured differently for different environments (like dev vs.
prod). The todo gadget does dynamic url rewriting, which is probably causing
it to grab the proxy url from the js configuration.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Posted by Rafael Barrera Oro <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply!

Posted by Rafael Barrera Oro <bo...@gmail.com>.