Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2005/06/08 20:06:03 UTC

Logo contest submissions

Today's submission to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-297
raises a good issue that needs to be discussed on the list because it
includes the IBM Cloudscape logo (the box with the clouds), which we
aren't legally entitled to use. This is currently listed as attachment 1
for DERBY-297. I'll remove this entry if there aren't any objections.

When developing submissions avoid using any elements that you don't have
rights or permissions to use. We need a logo that we can freely use
without any concern that it might infringe on somebody else's work.

I'm updating http://incubator.apache.org/derby/logo_contest.html to add
the following wording:

   When you upload attachments to Jira, you have two options:

     * Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works (as per the
Apache Software License)
     * Attachment not intended for inclusion

   The only logos that will be considered are those for which the license
   has been granted to the ASF. But only grant the license to the ASF if
   you are entitled to do so. Avoid including any elements to which you
   don't have rights or permission.

Is this clear? Can anyone think of any other clarifications to add?

thanks,

  -jean

Re: Logo contest submissions

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.