Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Piotr Betkier <pb...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/30 22:41:46 UTC

Repeating annotations

Hello,

Are there plans for supporting Java 8's repeating annotations in Groovy? Is
it already scheduled maybe? I couldn't find a corresponding JIRA issue.

Thanks,
Piotr

Re: Repeating annotations

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
And did you also see the annotations on types?
Wherever you have class names, basically, you'll be able to put annotations.
Even for things like casts: def a = (@NotNull Foo)something

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114130972232398734985/posts>

Re: Repeating annotations

Posted by Mark Perry <ma...@yahoo.com.au>.

Re: Repeating annotations

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piotr,

Repeating annotations will be supported, but we first need to finish the
new Antlr v4 grammar of Groovy (slated for Groovy 3.0).
I don't think we've created JIRA tickets for the various Java 8 related
syntax features — but those features still need to be discussed as not all
necessary make sense to be migrated to Groovy.

Guillaume