Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Deepak Mallya <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/21 22:41:34 UTC

Getting internal server error when I run a simple CGI script

Hi,
     I am trying to run a simple Perl CGI script and I get the following
error..Can anyone help me on this

 Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@corp.ad.broadcom.com and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

my perl script contains

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";
print "<HTML>\n";
print "<HEAD><TITLE>Hello World!</TITLE></HEAD>\n";
print "<BODY>\n";
print "<H2>Hello World!</H2>\n";
print "</BODY>\n";
print "</HTML>\n";

Thanks

Deepak

Re: Getting internal server error when I run a simple CGI script

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Deepak Mallya wrote:
> Hi,
>      I am trying to run a simple Perl CGI script and I get the following
> error..Can anyone help me on this
This isn't really a mod_perl question, but I'm betting its because you need to do
chmod 755 file

or similiar.

Also, make sure that /usr/bin/perl is a valid perl path.

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
    __  ___     ___ ____  __
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/
        <___/

Re: Getting internal server error when I run a simple CGI script

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Deepak Mallya wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am trying to run a simple Perl CGI script and I get the following
> error..Can anyone help me on this

As others have noted, this isn't a mod_perl problem.
Help running cgi scripts is available at
   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/cgi.html
For Windows, make sure that
    #!C:/Path/to/your/Perl/bin/perl.exe
appears on the first line of your script.

--
best regards,
Randy