Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com> on 2013/01/07 23:14:50 UTC

Re: Understanding KAM_MXURI

On 11/27/2012 3:33 PM, Alex wrote:
> I've created a pastebin with the message here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=BZHahs1S
Does pastebin expire because this example is not working for me?

>> Perhaps we need to change the regex not to mark mail.* but mark mail.*.* for
>> example to handle some of the shorter URIs like mail.ru.
> Yes, I should have mentioned that's what I was thinking would fix it
> as well.
I've tweaked it to require mx/mail.x.y[...] instead of just mail.[...]

Let me know if that helps.
> Perhaps a higher score if it's combined with the http?
I have no data if that's effective or not.

> Perhaps I should post a separate message, but I was hoping that since
> I have your attention now, I could ask if there was a later release
> than v3.3, even from svn, that you might consider stable enough to use
> in production?
I use KAM.cf in production.  I don't always submit the rules to the
project because I enjoy controlling them without the process for
publishing rules.
> I'm getting slammed with women's implant mesh and medicare spam. Bayes
> poisioning crap, short bodys with just a URL. I'd be happy to upload
> samples of that as well.
I don't have an efficient way to look at other people's spam samples but
Alex might.  He's on vacation at the moment.  If not, creating an mbox
and posting to users or dev might be useful for others to help.  I think
a lot of us have access to streams of spam so that's what we typically use.

regards,
KAM