Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/19 20:35:58 UTC

Java Sampler

Has anyone have success creating a Java Request, I have done everything !

My file is just a copy of SleepTest, and I have tried to place it in, lib,
lib/ext, write the path in

user.classpath, search_paths,

I can see from the log file that the jar is being added to the classpath,
but the class name never appears on the combo box.

I'm running Jmeter 2.3.1 and have tried jdk 1.5 and jdk 1.6

 but still nothing :'(

--
David Castañeda R.
Easy Solutions.

Re: Java Sampler

Posted by David Castañeda <dc...@easysol.net>.
thanks a lot for your reply...

a couple of question before my answer,,,

do you think that compiling my code with java 1.6 could be the problem???
(I'm running jemter with 1.6 also)
does the jar file needs a META-INF and a MANIFEST.MF file???

On Dec 19, 2007 6:54 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/12/2007, David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone have success creating a Java Request, I have done everything
> !
> >
> > My file is just a copy of SleepTest, and I have tried to place it in,
> lib,
>
> Presumably with a new classname?
>
> > lib/ext, write the path in
> > user.classpath, search_paths,
>
> Needs to be in lib/ext or search_paths.
> The others are for non-GUI (utility) jars.
>
> > I can see from the log file that the jar is being added to the
> classpath,
> > but the class name never appears on the combo box.
> >
> > I'm running Jmeter 2.3.1 and have tried jdk 1.5 and jdk 1.6
> >
> >  but still nothing :'(
>
> Are you sure the jar was created correctly?
>
> You need to ensure that the path name corresponds with the package name.
>
> Check ApacheJMeter_java.jar to see what I mean.
>

> > --
> > David Castañeda R.
> > Easy Solutions.
> > dcastaneda@easysol.net
> > Movil: +57(1)(300) 4497203

David Castañeda R.
Easy Solutions LTDA.
dcastaneda@easysol.net
Movil: +57(1)(300) 4497203
Movil: +57(1)(310) 3112622

Re: Java Sampler

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.

--
David Castañeda R.

Re: Java Sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Works OK for me compiling and jarring the code in 1.6, provided that
JMeter is run using Java 1.6.

Check jmeter.log for errors - and the Java version.

Re: Java Sampler

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.
oooooooooooooooooo FINALLY... !!

The problem was compiling the code with 1.6. or maybe creating the jar with
JDK 6???
anyways... maybe this can be resumed to avoid using a newer version of JDK
than the used to compile JMeter???

If you need to do some tests and I can help, just let me know if there is
something I can do. to fully document this problem.

On Dec 19, 2007 7:20 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/12/2007, David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > thanks a lot for your reply...
> >
> > a couple of question before my answer,,,
> >
> > do you think that compiling my code with java 1.6 could be the
> problem???
> > (I'm running jemter with 1.6 also)
>
> No
>
> > does the jar file needs a META-INF and a MANIFEST.MF file???
>
> Not as far as I know.
> You could experiment by modifying ApacheJMeter_java.jar

> everything
> > > !

> in,
> > > lib,
> > >
> > > Presumably with a new classname?

> > > Needs to be in lib/ext or search_paths.
> > > The others are for non-GUI (utility) jars.

> > > classpath,

> > > Are you sure the jar was created correctly?
> > >
> > > You need to ensure that the path name corresponds with the package
> name.
> > >
> > > Check ApacheJMeter_java.jar to see what I mean.

> > --
> > David Castañeda R.

David Castañeda R.

Re: Java Sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Sampler

Posted by David Castañeda <dc...@easysol.net>.

--
David Castañeda R.
Easy Solutions LTDA.

Re: Java Sampler

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot for your reply...

a couple of question before my answer,,,

do you think that compiling my code with java 1.6 could be the problem???
(I'm running jemter with 1.6 also)
does the jar file needs a META-INF and a MANIFEST.MF file???

On Dec 19, 2007 6:54 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/12/2007, David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone have success creating a Java Request, I have done everything
> !
> >
> > My file is just a copy of SleepTest, and I have tried to place it in,
> lib,
>
> Presumably with a new classname?
>
> > lib/ext, write the path in
> > user.classpath, search_paths,
>
> Needs to be in lib/ext or search_paths.
> The others are for non-GUI (utility) jars.
>
> > I can see from the log file that the jar is being added to the
> classpath,
> > but the class name never appears on the combo box.
> >
> > I'm running Jmeter 2.3.1 and have tried jdk 1.5 and jdk 1.6
> >
> >  but still nothing :'(
>
> Are you sure the jar was created correctly?
>
> You need to ensure that the path name corresponds with the package name.
>
> Check ApacheJMeter_java.jar to see what I mean.
>

> > --
> > David Castañeda R.
> > Easy Solutions.
> > dcastaneda@easysol.net